Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials on Driver-Ratings.com's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Driver-Ratings.com's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Driver-Ratings.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Driver-Ratings.com's web site are provided "as is". Driver-Ratings.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Driver-Ratings.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Driver-Ratings.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Driver-Ratings.com's Internet site, even if Driver-Ratings.com or a Driver-Ratings.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Driver-Ratings.com's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Driver-Ratings.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Driver-Ratings.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Driver-Ratings.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Driver-Ratings.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Driver-Ratings.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Driver-Ratings.com's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Please note that information submitted to the Site via a "contact us" or other similar function may not receive a response. We will not use the information provided to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
If you send someone else a communication from the Site, such as sending Site content to a friend, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Site, your e-mail address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to provide to us on the Site, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain web site usage information whenever you visit or interact with the Site. This information may include browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page view, among other information. We may use this web site usage information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve the Site. In addition, your IP address or some other unique identifier for the particular device you use to access the Internet (collectively referred to as a "Device Identifier"), as applicable, may be collected. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer, your cell phone, or other device used to access the Internet, and our computers identify your device by its Device Identifier. We may associate your Devie Identifier with the Personal Information you provide.
The methods that may be used to collect this information include the following:
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a computer when it is used to visit the Site. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences and web pages visited while using the Site. You may disable cookies using your browser's preferences, but some features of the Site may not function properly or may operate slowly if you disable the cookies.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as "1x1 GIFs" or "clear GIFs") may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Mobile Device Identifiers. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we or our third-party service providers may receive such device information if you access the Site through mobile devices. Certain features of our Site may require collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Additionally, some mobile phone service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the provider, we or our third-party service providers may receive this information.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as which links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our Web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter
Information collected through automatic means may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. If associated with you, it will be treated as Personal Information.
Additionally, the Site may use Geo-tracking software (or other location based services) to locate you so we may deliver your location to other users as part of the services of the Site. With your consent, we provide location-based services or provide third-parties access to your approximate or exact location information so they may contact you. You should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information to other people. Where a user of the Site requests that their location information be revealed to other persons, the user will be provided options for managing when and how such information should be shared.
The Site is operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer and processing of your information in the United States.